Automation is both a life savior and the biggest headache to specialists dealing with accounting, bookkeeping, and other financial operations.While there is no discussion that automation can improve the workflow dramatically, doing it the right way is not always easy.That’s where FinOps come in and offer smart, fast, and reliable IT solutions for automation.FinOps stands for “Cloud Financial Operations” (sometimes finOps can also be referred to as “Cloud Financial Management” or “Cloud Cost Management”), and it encompasses the practice of bringing financial accountability to the variable spend model of the cloud.In turn, this practice enables distributed teams to make business trade-offs between speed, cost, and quality.To see how to use finOps in your daily business life, we’ll take a closer look at some of the best finOps practices.
The best FinOps practicesIn short, there are a few main FinOps strategies that you could implement in your business to see a positive change in financial accountability:
- Make optimization of your cloud costs a priority. That is the fastest way to avoid unnecessary spendings in the short and long term.
- Introduce accountability in the spendings. Track where the company’s money is going to – who is spending it and on what products or services.
- Rationalize spendings. By getting the insights on where the money is flowing, make sure you set up a plan that will help you rationalize spending so that no money is wasted.
- Choose the right SaaS accounting software. Doing so will make financial operations much easier.
Tips on automating financial processes with FinOpsApply the tips mentioned below, and introduce more automation to your business: 1. Tag GovernanceTagging is a crucial practice for businesses that opt to implement effective chargeback and showback.However, you must keep in mind that tagging only works if everyone adheres to a global tagging policy. Meaning, all assets within the company should be tagged with the same:
- as well as – the same format.